JEOL’s latest benchtop SEM (scanning electron microscope) – the JCM-7000 is available to purchase from Nikon Metrology in Europe. Find out more about the latest release on the Nikon Metrology website.
Benchtop SEMs can be used in a wide range of fields, such as electrical component inspection, electronics, automobiles, machinery, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. In addition, SEM applications are expanding to not only cover research and development, but also address quality control and product inspection and failure analysis investigations at manufacturing sites. With these applications, demands for further improved work efficiency, easier operation, and a higher degree of analytical and measurement capabilities, are increasing.
The new benchtop SEM, JCM-7000, has been developed to meet these increasing demands in the marketplace. The JCM-7000 incorporates several new, innovative functions.
The features of the JCM-7000 series include:
- Simple GUI for high operability
- Small footprint
- Seamless transition from optical microscope imaging to SEM imaging with “Zeromag” function
- Real-time elemental analysis during image observation with “Live Analysis” function
- Two-axis (X, Y) motorized stage for smooth operation
Furthermore, the JCM-7000 comes with “Live 3D” function, which simultaneously displays a live SEM image and a reconstructed live 3D surface image. This new capability also enables the acquisition of topographic and depth information from the specimen, together with SEM image information from the specimen surface.
Smart, flexible, powerful
- Smart – The latest innovations are built in to the benchtop platform to make SEM accessible to everyone. All the controls are at the user’s fingertips through an intuitive software interface. Automatic condition setting is based on sample type and application for image formation in minutes. Seamless navigation from the holder graphic or optical image (option) to high resolution SEM image enhances productivity.
- Flexible – Choose the right platform. Add options such as the Stage Navigation System (colour camera), Tilt Rotation Motorized Holder for sample manipulation, fully-embedded EDS for elemental analysis and Smile View Map for 3D image reconstruction and surface texture analysis.
- Powerful – High resolution Tungsten (W) filament source allows magnification up to 100,000X. Large analytical chamber can handle samples as large as 80mm (D) x 50mm (H). An Everhart Thornley high-performance Secondary electron detector and a six segment backscatter electron detector together with three vacuum states: High, Low vacuum and Charge free modes of operation allow for the study of a wide variety of sample types. The Back Scatter Electron detector with multi segment design supports live 3D imaging for intuitive knowledge of sample surface shape.